Friday 8 August 2008

Wedding Day

Friday 2:48 a.m.
The first shoe malfunctioned right after the ceremony and I knew I'd have to get a bus home for re-enforcements. The bottom basically fell off. I hadn't worn them for about five years, but when I wiped the cobwebs and dust off them and gave them a polish, they looked alright. I got on the 27 bus, which meant I had to walk along Great King Street. By this time I'm carrying the malfunctioned shoe when the other shoe malfunctions. So I threw them in the bin and proceeded back to the flat in my stocking soles.

Brilliant wedding. Couldn't have had a better time. I'm walking along in my stocking soles and thinking this is totally cool. Off my face and one hundred percent confident. A wonderfully pharmaceutical event.

We want to know if any young women tottering about in high heels and half falling out of their dresses, tottered over to speak to you, Hotboy. Wasn't it always thus, Jack? Wasn't it always thus? They're taking the piss, so they are.

5 comments:

rob said...

An old man tottering and falling out of his shoes is a poor substitute for young women tottering about in high heels and half falling out of their dresses. The image is not helping the libido here at all.

PS - I would have hailed a taxi.

Anonymous said...

I'd have saved the socks and gone barefoot. But then I hate shoes.

Sounds like a good day.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I couldn't afford a taxi!
Marie: The shoes added and didn't detract from the enjoyment. Best wedding I've ever been to! Hotboy

rob said...

The "best wedding I've ever been to" was the one I gatecrashed, Mary Hopkin's. Best because briefest, as I was ejected within minutes.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I'm not the slightest bit surprised! Hotboy