Thursday 7 August 2008

Wedding ahoy!

Thursday 12:26 p.m.
I meditated till nearly ten o clock last night. Sometimes during the day it was a bit of a hard slog, but the meditations after eight at night were right on the money. It's hard to remember what your meditations are like; suffice to say that the one I've just finished has put me in a great mood for the cavortings and shennanigans which will begin to enfold, as of this early evening when the cowboys from the Wild West will be arriving to stay for the wedding tomorrow.

Weddings should surely bear more erotic contextualising than funerals or memorial services! I wouldn't be surprised if Eric From Eindhoven and Dexie's Midnight Runners made an appearance. Of course, when there is no bevvying, the most interesting joe in any company is bound to me moi, since the rest will be entirely composed of the UnFortunateOneS, the too dumb to meditate.

There's bound to be lots of young women tottering around in high heels and half falling out of their dresses. I'm too fat now to fit into my suit, but will have a card with the golden rules written on it in the top pocket of my sports jacket, in case any young women totter over to speak with me.

What are the golden rules, Hotboy? Well, Jack, here they are:
1)Don't mention plunging necklines.
2)The name Monica Lewinsky must not be entered into the conversation.
3)Talk of kamamudras is a definite no no!
4)Nobody's interested in how long you've been monogamous for!

And on Monday I will be at the Samye Ling! Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!

I've had an early lunch so I can sit in the lobby all afternoon. What a fortunate, fortunate creature I am! What a fortunate creature I am!

5:05 p.m.
What a fantastic afternoon I've had, just sitting in the lobby! Just had a phone call from my deep dear friends who will be here in five or ten minutes.

The reason why this afternoon has been so, so good is partly due to overcoming the nicotine withdrawals, and being good, or better anyway.

It's as if the little tendrils go forth and explore further, then pull back for a while. They will be yanked back over the next couple of evenings, but at the end of the day there is always progress.

The first thing that someone is going to do as soon as they sit down is roll a joint. Hmmmm? What should you do, Hotboy? Just say no, Jack. I should just say no. Say yes to everything else, but no to that! There is something really evil about tobacco, so there is!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Speaking as one of the "too dumb to meditate", well, at least, one of the too dumb to meditate more than half an hour per day, what I suggest you need, Hotboy, in order to face the coming evening, is...fortitude.

I'm certain that that will help.

MM III

Anonymous said...

I say!

This http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/england/2518793/Hawkeye-Grevious-Bodily-Harmison---Cricket.html
is what cricket is about!

MM III

Anonymous said...

I say!

Or rather this.

MM III

ion said...

I love weddings and am always moved to tears by the optimism, commitment and hope. But then, any strong emotion makes me misty-eyed. The preggers colleague's foetal ultrasound image totally choked me up.

Also, I must congratulate you on maintaining a libido at your advanced age. Is it because or in spite of the bliss?

It's my belief that a wedding cannot qualify for the name without at least one episode of bad behaviour by at least one attendee. We look forward to your update in due course.

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Fortitude? Yes! Last five minutes I did!
Ion: I'm always impeccably behaved! Besides I'm giving up being a beer monster for today! It's like these people have laid a party on for me and my friends. What a good idea! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Personally I think folks work too hard on the wedding part and not the living in the real world after part.

But I'm not very romantic. I gave up on the whole Prince Charming thing a long time ago.

You know if you don't notice the plunging necklines you are going to disappoint pretty ladies or prevent beating from your Domestic Bliss.

Where's the fun in that?

I'm hoping to bliss out in my kayak today.

Hotboy said...

Marie: My shoes have fallen apart so I had to come home for some more. A fancy dan or what? Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I filled my wellies full of sea water getting into my kayak. I think my feets is frozen.

rob said...

Since when have you had a libido? We deserve to know. And how does one get one?

Hotboy said...

Albert? I don't even know what it is! But you can probably get one in Exchange and Mart, if that's still on the go! Hotboy

rob said...

Thanks for the tip - I was using News Of The World.