Wednesday 3 September 2008

The Credit Card Crunch!

Wednesday 5:10 p.m.
If I only had a grand, I could be a millionaire! Well, I could pay off my credit card debt anyway. Dearie me! Quelle surprise! I owe those basturns a grand now. Dearie, dearie me! Bread and water stretching interminably into the middle distance.

Fortunately, to become a buddha in one lifetime all you need is a cave and a bunch of nettles. I finally finished The Life of Milarepa last night. What a guy! Somebody should make a movie of that boy's travails. The dialogue he has before he dies with the geshe who's had him poisoned is really superb. Yes, the shape shifting and the flying about the Himalayas is all for free. It's the beer and cannybliss yogurts that cost the money.

As one slips further into the lonely financial zone ... when I finally manage to give up the drink and drugs, Jack, they're all going to be sorry, I'm telling you. Those credit card basturns are getting it first. Giant scorpions will materialise behind the shower curtains. No, they won't like that, Jack! They won't like that!

Tomorrow is Thursday. I can meditate all day and all night tomorrow if I want to. What a fortunate creature I am, I am! What a fortunate creature I am!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

You'd need a few billions if you lived in Harare, simply to buy a beer.

MM III

ion said...

I do hope that a grand's debt does not stop you sleeping. Remember that a) this is far less than the UK average b)currency is a created and nominal convention and c) that contemporary financial transactions are just electrons.

You should not be in the least bovvered, because when the industrial-financial complex crumbles, you'll still have the tatties from the allotment for soup. You're rich, rich, rich!

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! A beer? Whast company that would be! Hotboy
Ion: When civilisation collapses, and I hope I'm gettting to see it, well, what can moi say? I reckon splitting up the tatties on a day by day basis is the only way to look at it. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Have you considered the idea of taking a pair of scissors to your credit card?

Make it a lot more difficult to keep your beer and yogurt habit going if it wasn't an option.

I got into serious trouble with plastic when I was younger and have forced myself to live without it since.

It is hard at first, but gets easier.

Besides no matter how much money you think will solve the problem, the problem only grows to fit the money available.

Hotboy said...

Marie: How true! I did cut it up last year for a bit. I think I'll need it if I have to bury someone. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I had a friend that froze hers in a block of water, so that she had to really know what she wanted before she used it. Stopped a lot of impulse stuff.

rob said...

Hotters. Surely by now an experienced blissheid should be able to live without money on air and photons.

Mingers. What's the going rate for bliss pills in Kalimbuka?