Saturday 27 September 2008

Saturday Morning

Saturday 10:30 a.m.
Samsara and Nirvana are a single reality
In the state of Ultimate Awareness.
To perceive the Ultimate Reality,
I mark everything with Mahamudra, The Great Seal of Emptiness.
This is the quintessence of non-duality.

Milarepa.

We embrace our ignorance
We don't believe in any things
Especially thoughts.


I used to tell myself I wouldn't get another book published till I stopped drinking. I knew this was silly when I was tellin myself this, but it has a certain cache. If I stopped drinking, it would mean that I was up to my neck in the juju and then it wouldn't bother me if I got a book published or not. In fact, nothing much would bother me.


I haven't had a drink for three days. No sweats, no real cravings, and no nightmares, but I have been having some wonderful remembrances of early morning apres dozing off again dreams. I haven't had soapbar for a fortnight.


So this is the future, Jack. I don't drink and xxxTheRealMcCoy000 gets published just as capitalism hits the skids. (Part of it implies a sustainable future living off soup and home made bread!)(It is available free at Alison Main's Writings) Millions of people buy it. I get to give up my jobbie so I can go and live in my new rat proof hut for a year. A religious nutter who believes in things comes to my hut and shooty shooties me dead. Fung that for a game of soldiers! I'm seeing the kiddo at one in the Filmhouse cafe. I'll have a couple of beers, thinks I.


Just then, a few minutes ago, the (pizza)MAN rings up and tells me the pizzas will arrive at four this afternoon.


The Great Buddha Lama Yeshe Losal told me to practise mahamudra. I wondered what he meant. Yesterday me and the auld maw ("Put on the one with the man laughing on it")were listened to the CD where the lama was explaining what mahamudra was.


On the train to Bellshill I just sat in the bliss and watched the thoughts go by when they did. There wasn't a lot of breathing going on at all. This stuff is beyond very nice indeed.


The last dope drought was in 1996 and I saw the god of pantheism. I was hoping for another drought now, but that part of supply and demand seems to still be functional as the more formal aspects of capitalism bite the dust. Hurrah! But it's a shame for all the poor basturns who are too dumb to meditate, so it is.


I got invited to the 30th anniversary do for Mainstream Publishing. Because of Bill Campbell and my uncle Peter, I was able to call myself a novelist twenty years ago. When I got the phone call, I realised how shy I am with folk I don't really know. Gordon Brown was shadow chancellor and was in attendance the last time they had an anniversary party. Somehow I don't think he'll be there this time. The auld maw thought his speech at the Labour Party Conference was wonderful. You get a different view if you read the Times and the Scotsman and only talk to the evil bourgeois.


Maybe I'll have a drink in the Filmhouse anyway, so as not to seem superstitious!!

7 comments:

ion said...

Jinx! I'm dry too, as I'm taking the antibiotic metronidazole, which tastes worse than anything you can imagine, and doubles up as effective Antabuse by producing violent nausea and vomiting when combined with alcohol. Isn't it great to be straight?

Hotboy said...

Ion: I wanna be straight. I wanna be straight. I'm fed up takin drugs an stayin out late! Actually, eating £200 worth of soapbar a month constitutes the middle way for me. Sorry you're on the medications for something. Hope you get well soon. (If it's your lungs, stop it!) Hotboy

ion said...

It's not my lungs but a place David Duff doesn't have a name for. But not an STI, I emphasise! I shall blog in due course once I acquire a sense of humour about it.

If cannybliss were legalised, imagine the health warning of toxins and carcinogens the Govt print on a £200 lump of soapbar. The mind boggles.

Hotboy said...

Ion: Once I read that tobacco had 23 carcigens in it, but cabbage had 24. Of course, nature is geared to stop consumption, and you don't smoke cabbage. I've just had four beers and await the pizzaman after talking to the kiddo. Two days of wealth a month! What a fortunate creature! Some people don't have any! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Ion: Carcinogens? Swear I could have spelt that ten years ogo! Hotboy

rob said...

Having to go to a party is bad enough, even when you haven't sworn off the drink. Double dearie me.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Is that you? Has somebody asked you to a party? Pure hell! Hotboy