Monday 8 September 2008

A group!

Monday
Quite often I think the present time is the best time I've ever had in my life. This is because of all the past times spent meditating. The Unfortunate OneS, who are too dumb to meditate, will not be able to understand this because the UFOs just don't get the bliss.

Just think what I could have done with all that time I spent meditating over the years. I could have written more books for one thing, and they wouldn't have got published either! Whatever I would have done otherwise, I would probably have few memories of it. Most things are just a waste of good time.

Serene, Jack! That's what the doctor ordered! A bit of serenity. I hope this is a stage in the meditations, something like the bliss, which I'll just have to put up with as well. Serenity is wonderful. You're almost untouchable. It's the calm stuff you put into yourself. Don't see where else it can come from.

Not only is the present time the best time I've had in my life, but the future will surely be even better. Soon I may have to put up with explosions of bliss. Then there will be the creeping non-duality. It arises in mind; abides in mind; declines in mind. When everything works like that ... you, it, the computery thing, your emotions ... well, let's hope I see the day.

Meditations have made this life a glorious thing for me; a continuous overlapping of wonderment after wonderment. Meditating has also made me a bit strange. I'm not like other joes, Jack. Thank god for that, Hotboy. The too dumb to meditate completely missed the point. The whole of life is just one big mind game. If you don't play it, you can't win it!

Oh yes! The Samye Ling have sent a full ordained nun up to Edinburgh to help uplift the pond life. She started a group meditation at Great King Street last Monday. I went. Only six or seven other weirdos turned up. Be nice to have some other people to meditate with on a regular basis!

3 comments:

rob said...

"When everything works like that ... you, it, the computery thing, your emotions ... well, let's hope I see the day."

Right now I would settle for just one thing working over here. What a fortunate creature you are for now.

rob said...

You could blog about the weirdos in the group. It would make a change from the resident weirdo and the visiting weirdos.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Is it not working anymore? Dearie me! Hotboy