Thursday 18 February 2010

Thursday's bliss!

Thursday 12:30 p.m.
Started meditating today at seven. I've done about just over three hours this morning. What a great day for surfing the oceans of bliss! And no mentally ill folk to bother with. None at all! Hurrah!

7:45 p.m.
Dozed off for two hours on the couch then went out to the library for the Domestic Bliss. The last time I went there I got my finger caught in the letter box and had to stop playing my guitar for weeks there. But I managed to get in and out this time unscathed. Bloody dangerous places libraries!

I've been smoking today. There is no excuse, but I thought I'd keep my crabbitness at bay for now.

Asceticism has a greek root about training for athletics. Well, if you were going to train for a marathon, you could drink and smoke as well, but it wouldn't help. I've got to get a grip on the purification this year. That means putting the Nicotine Dragon to the sword. I'm not bothered by beer when I've got joints, but they've both got to go, especially the tobacco. But everything. At least sometimes.

The meditation from 4:45 till 6:30 was just so good. Mega open, at least for me. Some time I hope there will be so much bliss that the pollutions will just get swamped by it. It was a bit like that. Peace and bliss. This is the first Thursday in weeks and weeks where I'm in alone during the evening after meditating for most of the day. Well, four or five hours today so far anyway. This is going to be an interesting evening!

10:10 p.m.
Very nice day indeed! This is what Thursdays should be like! Meditate as much as you can and have a whole day away from the mentally ill. That's the way to do it!

12:30 a.m.
I was going to go to bed, but sat up for another meditation. I'll go to bed soon. Might have put in about eight hours today. Haven't done much else though. Great last meditation!

10 comments:

Marie Rex said...

I hope you manage to put the Nicotine Dragon to the sword before it eats you alive. Nasty creature.

I'm starting up walking mediation again, though it is very short for now. But it feels good to be back to it.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Must be good to be a bit more mobile again! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

chico caliente when do you have time to play the guitar! how blissful for the domestic! i love the sound of ma man strumming!hope all is well with you, computery wonky things are also affecting me so not online much - look forward to a big read this weekend!
loveandpeacexxx

Anonymous said...

p.s. you can hear a wee antiwar song rob has by going to neil young´s website and searching through t he 3000odd songs in the living with war section..he´s around number 92 at the mo!
hasta luegoxxxx

Hotboy said...

Spango Yogini! How nice to hear from you! My finger which was bitten by the letterbox has miraculously recovered. They just fix themselves somehow. However, the Domestic Bliss is quite musical and has to listen to some really horrible strummings around here. I tell myself that she just doesn't understand what I'm trying to get at. But neither do I! Hotboy p.s. I learned a tune for the first time in 20 years last year. Down where the Drunkards Roll. See it on youtube. How appropriate!

Anonymous said...

I say!

Getting your finger caught in the letter box - what a dangeroous life you live. Much safer just to sit in the lobby annd doze off every now and then.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Only vast courage and bravery has sustained me through the freaky juju times. It's dangerous just sitting in the lobby as you could go mad. Of course, it you're mad already .... Hotboy

rob said...

sounds like a win-win situation - the mentally ill folk had no mentally ill folk to bother with either. It all balances out.

rob said...

PS Did you see your Dalai Lama Joe slapping the reporters about on TV? Not a good omen.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Has the Dally been taking boxing lessons? About time! He could probably tell you if it was a good omen or not. Hotboy