Thursday 25 February 2010

Sweet Thursday!

Thursday 11:10 a.m.
I wasn't ready to meditate this morning till 9 a.m. Then In Our Time came on Radio 4. Best of radio shows! Anyway, this week they were discussing Calvinism and since so many of my fellow countrymen have been irrevocable damaged by the heavy duty, Calvinist toilet training regimes, I thought I'd listen on. No mention of the bliss whatsoever. Just another example of the load of bull folk can come up with when they try to apply logic and intellect to concepts like God, which is basically beyond conceptualisation if it's anything at all. Christ should have stuck it into the Sermon on the Mount. And ye who think ye are smart will end up talking a lot of crap!

Anyway, the bliss started to come on as I sat there listening. You just have to sit still these days and something starts to happen. I noticed this beginning about seventeen years ago when I was in the usual boring menial jobbie and realised I could bring something on by gazing at the green dot on the computer monitor. Before then I'd always meditated with my eyes closed. The beginning of liberation, so it was!

Half eleven in the morning is one of my favourite times for meditating. Don't know why it's so good, but it usually is.

Today is all mine again! Tomorrow is for the auld maw and on Saturday I have to go to London to see the kiddo again. But today is mine. Hurrah!

2:50 p.m.
I must have put in more than four hours today so far. I haven't been out. It looks like a horrible wet day out there, but I'll have to go try to buy some running shoes. Bliss has been great and in bucketloads, but my concentration isn't fantastic today. Not much heat in the afternoon!

8:45 p.m.
I'm knackered so I'm giving up the bliss and taking to the piss. Bought a bottle of plonko collapso on the way back from buying the running shoes, which I got with Popeye's birthday present. I would have done better today, of course, if I hadn't drank four bottles of Erdinger last night. Oh, well. Probably managed over six hours sitting today. Could do better with less tiredness and better levels of concentration. Tomorrow on the train to the auld maw's will be great though. Everything does get better. It really does. Hurrah.

By the way, the Domestic Bliss says the Samye stuff with the grand fee is not as bad as it looks at first sight. The poor will be catered for as well.

My old man liked this story. The preacher was giving it laldy with the hellfire and brimstone ... And there will be a weeping and gnashing of teeth! Someone at the front speaks up. What if you don't have no teef? Teeth will be provided!

I'd really like to sit and watch a daft movie.

3 comments:

rob said...

Some people might say one's whole life is a daft movie.

Hotboy said...

Albert? How philosophical! Hotboy

rob said...

Not my life of course.