Sunday 21 February 2010

Mastercard

Sunday 5:40 p.m.
Mastercard is the credit card I have. I owe the basturns £1300. I had a limit of £2,400. I have never been in any difficulties with these basturns; always paid some back in time, etc. So I'm down at the shop there and the card gets refused. What a surprise! I phoned the basturns up and it seems that they'd cut my limit from £2,400 to £1,300. They did this without informing me. No letter, no phonecall, no nothing. What a bunch of currants!

I told the boy I was a freelance broadcaster and journalist (which is what the accountant used to tell the Inland Revenue when I used to make money from writing) and the world would know.

I'm sure they were quaking in their boots when you told them that, Hotboy! Well, Jack, one should do what one can.

The old, toothless one and I did the run to Costorphine and up the Clermiston Road hill today. 1hr 37 mins. Beautiful day. Hardly noticed it on the way home, I was so funged!

2 comments:

rob said...

If it's any help, tell them I've never had to pay them interest, and they keep offering to increase my limit. They've never made a cent out of me. Meanwhile you're one of their best customers, and this is how they treat you. It's all balancing up, I tell you. I wonder what you did in a past life.

Hotboy said...

Albert? They're getting the money off the government for free and charging me 20% per annum for it as well! Basturns! Anyway, it does balance up because I should pay the bloody debt off! Hotboy