Monday 22 February 2010

The Thriller!

Monday.
I was so upset that the only person who had read the thriller/crime book I was working on before Christmas could only make snidey comments about it that I got someone else to read it. This boy has a proper job and reads about a hundred crime books and thrillers a year.

And he liked it. Liked the plotline and the bits with the dead woman hassling the hero. Pointed out three typos and thought I should take out two paragraphs his mother wouldn't like. He thought if I had to pad it out, I should do it with stuff about Edinburgh because that's the kind of thing that would help sell it to Scots abroad.

Of course, there are a million opinions about any book, but what you shouldn't do is just let any snidey basturn read your book for the first time because all they can see in it is moi, moi, moi!

Aside from all that malarkey, I weighed myself before and after the run yesterday. I lost three to four pounds weight. That's about three pints of sweat. Wait till the weather warms up!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

One could perhaps write a crime book about the criminals in this part of the world. Without them, of course, nightwatchmen such as Abdul, and security companies such as Armed Response, would be out of a job.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I'd feel really secure staying in a country with Armed Response. They'd soon sort the mormons and Jehovah folk from bothering you, eh? Hotboy

albert said...

I say! This boy with the proper job - what school did he go to anyway? My mother wouldn't like any of the book, but I'm much too polite to say it.

rob said...

PS what were some of the other joe's snidey comments? Name and shame the basturn!

Hotboy said...

Albert? I do not wish to revisit the trauma until I'm rich enough to employ a hitman. Hotboy p.s. The boy with the proper job went to a good working class, catholic school and not one of those heathen places for the toffee nosed!

rob said...

I hope your hitman's more reliable than the one I use.