Wednesday 24 February 2010

Heckling The Karmapa

Thursday 12:30 a.m.
The Samye Ling are asking for a thousand pounds to stay there over the time when the Karmapa is staying there this summer. I do not think St Francis Of Assisi would have asked you for a grand. If I only had a grand, I could be a millionaire.

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Christianity was always about the poor basturns!

Would I want to sit in a temple surrounded only by joes and josephines who were able to pay a grand for the privilege of being there? Kiss my Scottish democratic presbyterian arse before I would want to sit with such rich basturns as that! Since the nazi papa abolished Limbo, the evil bourgeois are all going to hell and serves them right.

If I was able to get in by the back door, I'd like to ask a few awkward questions.

1) Why are there two Karmapas? You'd think so called enlightened beings would be able to tell the difference, wouldn't you? I mean, the Sharmapa, who is supposed to recognise the karmapa, got the wrong one. Is that right?
2) Do you know the past, present and future from the word go, or do you have to mature into stuff like that through education, meditation, and whatnot?
3) Can you mark stones? The Karmapa is supposed to be able to mark stones and such with handprints, footprints, etc. Well, that's an easy test. If you can't do it, you're not the Karmapa. So what's the problem?

"Don't gie me any of yir... Don't gie me any of yir ... Don't gie me any of yir .... shite!" The wee man. Manky Music.

This morning I was so pleased. Last night I had quite a lot to drink since it was the first night with no tobacco or bob hope for a fortnight or so. But there was warmth in every vase breath. Much progress. Tomorrow is all mine. No flatheids. But I'm a wee bit wired tonight.

You don't need to believe in anything to do this juju. It's probably better if you don't believe in anything. In the Disbelieving Congregation of course we don't even believe in disbelieving.

What are we doing then, Hotboy? We're doing the bliss, Jack. And sometimes we're doing the heat and the bliss. And eventually we will be doing the emptiness, the heat and the bliss. But the mahasiddhas were anarchists, Jack! Fung anarchists!

4 comments:

Marie Rex said...

I guess if you are Rock Star status, you expect folks to pay for the privilege of breathing your air. It does add a rather cynical light to the concept of Buddhism to even say that.

I tend to be leery of folks that want me to pay a lot just to be in the room for them. I mean it is different if I'm wanting to invite them to tea or something.

The world is a very strange place.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I'd had a few Erdingers before I wrote that last night. But it's not right, is it? Anyway, my buddha nature is as good as any buddha's buddha nature. I know they do good with the money they make and I know they need to make money, but it's not only useless basturns like me who don't have a grand. What about all the young people, students, etc.? It's just no right. But he'll be speaking in Edinburgh and I'll try to go to that ... if it's not too dear. I had to pay £50 once to go and see Brian Wilson and I thought that was an outrage! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Do they give air miles?

You could always offer to perform yourself, as a sideshow, and that way you'd get in free.

Or...why not charge tourists a tenner for a tour of your hut? You'd only neeed 100 visitors.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Good idea about charging for a tour of the hut! If you were of child bearing age and not fussy, you could haggle me down to half price! Hotboy.