Friday 5 February 2010

Bellshill trees





Friday 5:00 p.m.
I'm finding it hard to settle into meditations at the moment. This is because I hardly meditated at all yesterday. I won't have a day without engagements till Sunday. Boo! Boo! Oh well, I'll go into the lobby now and get on with it.

The trees were in Bellshill today. The drawing on the wall was a gift from the kiddo for my birthday. I always tell her not to buy me anything, so she has to produce something instead. Hurrah! Her blog is full of artisticy things!

11:30 p.m.
You've got to remember that almost everything you think is a load of crap! Right after this "hard to settle" part of the post, I went into the lobby and settled wonderfully. There was the candlelight on the Medicine Buddha postcard and peace descending. Peace is great. So is serenity. I don't get that often enough due to the pollutions, I suspect. Anyway, that was great, the peace, and worth a memory.

After a wee break, I sat down again and the great white bliss space, as if everything is open, appeared almost immediately. This is the same as all the other blisses except it's not, and I don't know what it is. At one point, I thought of the image I used once about getting a wee hit off the bliss and it disappearing, and getting it right in your face staight off was just a matter of pulling it closer like you would if you were reeling in a fish. I thought: That's it. Smack in your face. This feels very nice, by the way. Doesn't last, of course. If it did, I wouldn't be blogging.

The meditation I had after that was just a bit so-so in comparison. The Domestic Bliss should have been home by then. Less focus maybe.

11:45 p.m.
Wells Fargo Publishing say we aren't getting a contract till next year since they can't bring the book out till next summer. Well, I thought next summer was when they said ... I knew they'd have no money!! But they want the book okay. So we wait. The first thing you learn is you always got to wait!

4 comments:

Marie Rex said...

Your daughter is very talented. Hand made things are the best kind of gift.

Beautiful trees.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Hand made gifts are much better! Hotboy

albert said...

"Smack in your face" - I may borrow your imagery next time I run out of tantric visualisations. It could help.

What time do you let the DB stay out till?

Hotboy said...

Albert? She stays out till she wants to come in. Hotboy