Wednesday 6 January 2010

Twelth Night




Wednesday 11.26 p.m.
Bliss diary.

The nicotine withdrawals have been hardly any bother today. My concentration is a wee bit better, but there has been a big effect on the meditations, the vase breathing particularly. Purification always does it!I have got a slight bug, but it's not bothering me though I do feel tired. This is only my second day sober and straight. God knows what I'll feel like by Monday when I have to go back to the jobbie. Between now and then I have nothing in front of me. The auld maw phoned today and said not to come on Friday due to the inclement weather problems with the transportation. I'm feeling quite happy all things considered. Didn't do much meditating this evening as I wanted to enjoy my partner's company. Tomorrow evening I'll be on my own again. This is going to be some year for the juju!! Right now I don't want to see another bottle of beer, or a joint, or any of the Unfortunate Ones at all.

Alexandra David-Neel talks about the wonderful feeling when the passes in the Himalayas became blocked and she could look forward to a whole winter of peace and quiet, and meditation. Who can tell? Maybe one of these lifetimes.

The Santa posters were done by the kiddo when she was about seven. The red one with the grumpy, crumpled face is one of my favourite things at this time of year, or anytime. They get put up at opposite ends of the lobby. Tonight they come down for another year.

2 comments:

rob said...

The nicotine progress is encouraging. You might yet live to a ripe old age, say 59.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Giving up the nicotine has been no problem! Hotboy p.s Who wants to live forever? Flatheids!