Saturday 9 January 2010

Thoughts

Saturday 11:53 p.m.
There is a frame for the thoughts to arise in. You may believe or disbelieve in the thoughts, but the important thing is surely the frame that the thoughts arise in. If you have a good frame, you may have good thoughts. If your mother has just dropped dead at your feet, this might not be a good frame and the thoughts that arise will probably be not very good thoughts. They will not make you happy.

In the Disbelieving Congregation, of course, we don't believe in thoughts, do we, Jack? Certainly not, Hotboy! We don't believe in thoughts because they do not exist in the manner of their appearance. They lie. They appear as separate things when they are interconnected, for instance. The main characteristic about thoughts is that they are lying basturns every one.

However, we have to have thoughts whether we want them or not, so it would be good if we could have a good frame to have them in. If you could just get the frame right, we could have good thoughts and be happy. If we are somehow in the wrong frame, the thoughts that arise will be moody, unhappiness thoughts, and these are really not worth having, given that they are all lying basturns anyway.

I've had two diseases this week; a queasy stomach disease and a coughing and spluttering disease. Even a cheerful joe or josephine is going to have a hard time having happy thoughts arising in the midst of these diseases. So what can you do about that?

I was lying on the couch this evening. I'd been mooching around in that kind of depressed way you get with whatever minor disease you have, and then I lay on the couch. Normally, I lie on the couch when I come in from the jobbie and do the flat out couch bliss before dozing off. Today, I was just knackered by the disease and lay down there. And the bliss arose. You have to be able to concentrate a bit, so you need a frame you can at least do that in. If you were delirious, you couldn't do it. But even well pissed off, you should be able to get something if you can just concentrate a bit. Concentration and focusing is what the mind game is all about. So the bliss came on and I snoozed and wakened in the bliss and snoozed and ... I really hope I can do that when I'm succumbing to the black spot. On the couch, watching the David Attenborough shows, dozing, coming in and going out of the bliss.

What a fortunate creature I am, I am! What a fortunate creature I am!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

You dozed off.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Did I say dosed off? Fruedian slip, or Freudian slip. Can't remember which! Hotboy

rob said...

Getting hosed off here. Like you I find the unrelenting heat induces a queasy stomach.

Hotboy said...

Albert? All that heat and them women walking around practically naked is bound to be bad for your health. Shame you left Chilly Jockoland with it's character building blizzards and generally baltic ambience! Hotboy