Sunday 17 January 2010

Sunday night!

Sunday 7:52 p.m.
The old, toothless one and I ran from Stockbridge along the McDonald Road, the London Road, then round Arthur's Seat and through the Meadows, up Forrest Road, down the Mound, through the New Town and back to Stockbridge. It took us one hour forty minutes which is very slow, but long, slow distance running is supposed to be slow. The old, toothless one says it was 8.2 miles. We were dead chuffed so we were!

Before that, I was meditating and leant forward and straightened up. It was probably because the sun was shining through the window, but when the bliss flooded up my consciousness (as it does when you bow and straighten up), my visual field (my eyelids) went a beautiful red colour. It was like looking at a picture of the sun on the telly.

I meditated in the hut as it grew dark and have just finished an hour in this bedroom. That's not really much to do on a Sunday, but the run and going the messages took out the whole afternoon really.

I found an almost full bottle of Erdinger in the kitchen this morning. No wonder I was complaining about not being as pissed as I expected!

4 comments:

rob said...

One hopes you didn't have to pour the Erdinger away.

But the endorphins off the run would trump beer anyway.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Of course, I poured the beer down the sink. Wish I'd drank it the night before. I'm going to miss Erdinger is I ever give it up again! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

That must be a first!

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! You shouldn't make a habit if just pouring beer down the sink, but I do that a lot more than I'd like! Hotboy