Tuesday 5 January 2010

Ice Warrior Photies Again!










Tuesday 9:30 p.m.
Waitrose sells bread flour for £1 a kilo, the cheapest anywhere hereabouts. Unfortunately, it aint stoneground 100% wholemeal and the loaves are not nutritious enough for a joe who, when there is no soup, lives on bread alone. I made a loaf with the stuff that comes in at £1:45 and took what was left of the first loaf up the park for the birds.

Feeding the birds up by Inverleith pond was one of the joys of having a toddler. Practically every day, I was up there throwing bits of bread into the air for the wee gulls to swoop on.

I got up today with a mild disease and decided not to go to the jobbie. Hurrah! I stayed in until it was getting dusky around about four and went to the pond and walked round the pond. That's where the photies came from. There were three geese maybe who got most of the bread. Anybody know what a goose with a red bill might be called?

Sometimes today I was a bit antsy with the nicotine withdrawals and clenched my teeth a wee bit. Allah Akbar.

8 comments:

rob said...

I say! That's progress if they're letting proletarians eat stoneground wholemeal these days. I could have scored you it for free back when I was a wholefood cooperator in a boiler suit.

My colleagues in the bird-fancying department suggest the bird is a Black-bellied_Whistling-Duck or a Shelduck or Pomeranian_Goose

Marie Rex said...

Pretty photos, except for the sn*w. I'm getting a bit tired of the stuff actually.

You need to balance your proteins a bit better. You can't live on bread alone. I know there are monks that can live on air, but I think it will be a while before you get the hang of that one.

I studied child nutrition in college, a long time ago. I know you can eat perfectly healthy without meat (if you have the guts for it) but it is really important to do it right. *stern mom type look*

Especially when you are running and doing other muscle building activities. Get your GP to set you up with the local dietitian.

I feed the little birds in my garden and the seagulls and crows as well. I figure in this cold weather I have a responsibility to all the creatures that come into my garden. Besides it is fun to sit in the porch and look at them.

Hope you are feeling better today. Keep fighting that dragon. Dragons don't give up easily.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Good try, but no points. Hotboy
Marie! You're not the first person to mention proteins to me. I'll look into that. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Did you fornale before Christmas?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! One has been fornaling forever. Well, for three years anyway. My nephew told me about a three grand debt he couldn't shift either. Maybe it runs in the family. Hotboy. I'll sell you my debts for three grand if you like. You pay off my debts and I give you forty pounds a month for the rest of my life. No wonder folk want to string the bankers up!

rob said...

I say! Does anyone know the pronunciation for fornale?

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I read research showing that reduced-protein diets make people over-eat to try and compensate. That could be why you're off-balance (that last bit's my idea, not the researcher's).

Hotboy said...

Anon! I just don't eat meat or fish (apart from cod liver oil!) I eat plenty of cheese and lentils. Hotboy