Sunday 10 January 2010

The BBW and Moi!

Dear Joe,

I write to follow up your submission of Hotboy's The Buddha and the BBW' in November. Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the delay in getting back to you, but November/December were really busy so we're catching up on everything now.

I read a few chapters of Hotboy's submission and enjoyed it immensely (I did indeed find it very funny and hard to put down!), and I forwarded it onto Bark Fungland, the Director of Fargo Publishing. He also thinks it's fantastic. Therefore, we would be very keen to meet with Hotboy to discuss the potential publication' of The BBBW'. Bark is Glasgow-based but would be more than happy to travel to meet with Hotboy, if this could be arranged? Please do let me know your thoughts on whether this might be possible - we very much hope that it might be.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Bill


Reconciled?


I haven't read that book since such a while ago. A friend of mine liked it and said he'd hustle it to these folk. He phoned me about an hour ago (ten thirty this evening) and got me to look at the email. How weird! Of course, they won't have any money. But if I could get three books published which bore little resemblance to one another ... well, it's not about the money, Jack! It's not about the money!

Dorje Chang, Tilopa, Naropa, Marpa, Milarepa, Gompopa ... It's not about the money. It's about the juju!! Allah Akbar!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Wonderful news about the book. I feel sure that this time you will end up rich and famous.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I do not wish to be famous, but to get out of the red and into the black would be a nice change! Hotboy

onan the bavarian said...

out of the red and into the black - if I'm not mistaken that's from Neil Young.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I don't think he's been in the red for quite some time, probably forty years ago. Hotboy

rob said...

I think you're saying he's not into the red because he's a reformed alcoholic. Were you ever into the red?

Hotboy said...

Albert? What are you talking about? I've been living off an overdraft for three years. Red? If you mean yon collapso, I only drink weissbiers and guinness like a real man! Hotboy

rob said...

No point in bringing you any duty free New Caledonian wine then.