Sunday 10 January 2010

Sunday night





Sunday 8:20 p.m.
Just poured the first beer!

Right after I'd read the first thirty pages of the novel I sent to the agent just before Christmas. Really enjoyed it. It does what it's supposed to do!

It's pathetic that you have to reassure yourself like that, Hotboy. I know, Jack! One bad review from a geriatric computer geek and you want to top yourself. Dearie, dearie me! Now that I'm reconciled to working till I'm sixty five whatever happens with the novel doesn't bloody matter anyway.

This has not been the best of times and being under the weather does piss you off. It's got to be bad when you actually want to go to your jobbie tomorrow. Only six years and a couple of weeks to go! Hurrah!

Bliss diary: Before I read the thirty pages, I meditated for about two hours, or so. This is the bliss! This is the bliss! And opening, and heat as well! 2010 will be a wonderful year if I just remember to stick with the juju and try not to want or expect anything.

I gave a thought to the sensei and reverend's crime book as I was finishing reading the first thirty pages of mine. If the sensei, who is quite cute at this kind of thing, cannot get his crime book published, there's precious little chance of mine going anywhere. I think I'll start buying lottery tickets.

When I win the lottery, here's what I'm going to do.
1) Go and visit Milarepa's caves.
2) Give pots to the kiddo for a kiln and whatnot.
3) Give pots to the Samye Ling.
4) Go and see the sensei in Phoenix.
5) Give tons to the Domestic Bliss, but only in very small doses lest she pass away in complete amazement.
6) Get a web page set up ....

Actually, I think that's what I'll do when the agent says he doesn't fancy the crime book. Back to square one. I'll have time on my hands since I'll need to think about the Traffic Wardens for months and months, getting a chapter by chapter synopsis completed before I'm ready to write it. Yes, set up a webpage so you can download all the books for free. Hurrah!

The tree photie and the photie of Cambusnethan Church were taken from the good mother's back garden in Newmains today. The other two were yesterday's from up the park.

4 comments:

rob said...

I like the wee one on the right the best.

Re reassuring oneself - don't be too hard on yourself, Albert gets the same sort of buzz from reading old love letters, and it hasn't done him any harm.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Love emails aren't quite the same thing, are they? Hotboy

rob said...

Hot boy. No need to email, I already know you love me.

Hotboy said...

Albert? That closet aint big enough for both of us! Hotboy