Monday 4 January 2010

Tapering Off!





Monday 6:44 p.m.
The best time I had over the holidays was two nights ago drinking beer and on the bloggy. Last night was very good since I was seeing some McDucks. I haven't seen the auld maw or anybody else from my extended family since before Christmas.

Facing down the Nicotine Dragon may make the next few days a bit of a bummer, but I'm most pleased to be doing it. Buying a packet of something that says it will kill you on the packet ... dearie me!!

Tomorrow I go back to the jobbie and the kiddo leaves for London to continue her scholarship stuff with the Worshipful Company of Glass Painters and Glaziers.

Sometimes I maybe sound angry at the world and at all the Unfortunate Ones in it, but I'm really angry with myself.

There's something not quite right with me, Jack! If you know how to be happy, why don't you just do that, Hotboy? It's not other people who are stopping me, Jack. Other people are wonderful. It's moi!

We went to see our friend with the MS and her husband on New Year's Day. I've known these folk since they were teenagers. The man has had big problems with clinical depression. I don't think he wanted to open the door on New Year's Day. He was doing all the stuff over the holidays. No carers coming in. In some ways I hope his wife doesn't have long to go, but I wonder if he'll be here much longer than that. No bliss. Total saint.

I know I am a fortunate creature, Jack. This year I'm totally not complaining about other people, except on this blog!

The allotment shot was taken yesterday. The other two were today. It's fabulously baltic out there!

8 comments:

Marie Rex said...

Being happy is a choice we make for ourselves. Ranting at other folks is just making excuses as to why we don't.

Everything we do in this life is a choice. It requires us to take responsibility when we choose to be selfish or negative. I know this, because this morning I'm being a brat. I'll get over it.

I'm sorry about your friend with MS and her husband. My best friend died from MS when I was in my 30's. She was a brilliant woman and I miss her a lot. I hope there is someone who can reach out to her husband so he won't be forgotten in his grief.

You can beat the Nicotine Dragon. But you are gonna have to work for it.

Excuse me I own my husband an apology....

Hotboy said...

Marie! Coming off the tobacco is going much better than expected! Thanks for the encouragement. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

That's an ostrobogulous collection of snaps.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! What an educational comment! I just looked up ostrobogulous. I would say the photies were more randomly eclectic than ostrobogulous, but that might just be me. Hotboy

rob said...

Yet more flukey amazing photies! I like Pic 1 the best.

By the way, my colleagues in the psychology department say that most people have got something not quite right with them. That's why I'm so lucky.

rob said...

In photie two I can see the origami paper boats on a frozen lake but where's the goose?

Hotboy said...

Albert? I caught my finger in the letterbox of the library this morning. Does this count? Hotboy

rob said...

Are you suggesting you're the goose? I should have thought of that.