Wednesday 27 May 2009

Resume


Wednesday 11:35p.m.
So many good things! Just finished the four beers. Just about to finish the bob hope. What a fortunate creature I am, I am! What a fortunate creature I am!

Here's some Seneca from the wall. I will show you a love philtre compounded without drug or herb or witch's spell. It is this: If you wish to be loved, love.

Should I tell them about the bliss, Jack? They only want to hear about the allotment, Hotboy. Well, Jack, the Alien Creatures from Outer Space should know that some of us have understood that if you don't mutter mumbo jumbo to yourself, or do something else which seems on the face of it ridiculous, you will not get the bliss. You will remain completely normal. Have a look around. This is not what you want to be.

I think in the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, the boy goes on about the individual mind thing and the rigpa, maybe big mind thing.

I may have read that if you chip away at your consciousness with a sound, you could someday find yourself at one, kind of bursting through into the bigger mind. This is stupid! So then you do it and one day it happens.

Anyway, I realised recently that I was somehow bothered by this bigger mind idea because maybe it meant believing in something. Even although I had once seen the big mind. Of course, what you have to do maybe is attend to what you should be doing and mayhap these things will be revealed or otherwise.

These are surely metaphysical speculations! But maybe we should know that stuff like that happens.

What do you need to be a blissheid, Hotboy? Little Jackie, I'm glad you asked me that.
1) The first thing you need is a fantastically developed (false) sense of self. You really have to be up for this one. If you've got a wobbly sense of self, don't even go near it.

2) The second thing you need is great courage. Or having nothing better to do. Like moi, you maybe can't think of anything better to do, so you don't really need the courage. It is helpful, however, if you have had a distinct predeliction to the altered state. If you regularly passed the acid test by saying: 'It's just the acid', you are now elected to become a jedi warrior. Maybe not. But you are surely not going to be too bothered by turning into something else, like a deity or whatnot. If you actually liked dropping acid ....hmmm? Well, this is the juju for you!

3) The third thing you need is the capacity for the bestest enjoyment. If you enjoy being a miserable basturn, this is not the juju for you. If you can handle beaming with bliss and joy, this is the juju for you. Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss!

4) The fourth and last, and really the only thing you have to do, is teach yourself to enjoy meditating.

IT'S MY WIFE AND IT'S MY LIFE. The inimitable Lou.

The photie is of a lupin.

4 comments:

albert said...

What does Seneca say about people who have so much courage that they're not interested in being loved, but they wish to find a love object?

Hotboy said...

Albert? I'd like to ask Seneca, but I think he must be dead by this time! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

chico caliente
seneca wiz frae cordoba, my fave quote is....ifa man does not know to which port he is headed, no wind can help him....i know exactly what he means!my state of flux will see me in festival city this year for the first time in donkeys wills o hope to have a refreshment with you or maybe even a sit in the hut. in eed ofh ut therapy! loveandpeacemxxxxx

Hotboy said...

Spango Yogini! Seneca was indeed from Spango. His Letters from a Stoic was one of my favourite things for ages. Yes, I'd love to see you in Auld Reekie if you ever get here. I've met a couple of folk through this blog now and there's been no untoward consequences except for the blackouts, hangovers, etc. So great! Hotboy