Sunday 10 May 2009

Lucid Dream 2


Sunday 1:35 p.m.

Dream yoga is one of the Six Yogas of Naropa. I think it involves being aware that you're in a dream while dreaming and maybe being able to consciously direct the dream.

I saw a programme about sleep a wee while ago and it said, I think, that western scientists didn't think lucid dreaming was possible till the 1970s. If you know anything about that, I'd appreciate a comment.

I think Tibetan Buddhism might be keen on lucid dreaming because your dream body is the subtle body, the one they say you are left with when you are dead and in the bardo. If you can learn to control your dream state, you might have a chance to forgo the spanking the flatheids take in the bardo with the terrors and all. Anyway, I had a lucid dream this morning when I went back to sleep around 8 a.m.

So I'm back in my bedroom in the house I was brought up in in Bellshill. There were a lot of folk in the room (this is a recurrent theme these days; getting crowded!), but one of them gave me a big lump of cannybliss at a cheap price due to favours I'd done previously. Yippee! I'm going to go out and buy some fags and skins!

THIS IS NOT WHAT I'M GOING TO DO IF THIS EVER HAPPENS AGAIN!

So I goes down to the bottom of the road, where the prefabs used to be at the end of Thorndean Avenue, and I trying to buy the fags and skins there, but I fail and walk on. Eventually, I cross the Motherwell Road and go into the Free State.

The Free State was the nickname for the scheme beside the golf course because, I suppose, it was full of tims.

I looked back from Community Road ...

Robert Owen of New Lanark fame established loads of communities in America and one in Bellshill where the golf course now is. Hence, Community Road.

I should have been able to see the Coo Park, the Glen, and the prefabs from the end of Community Road, but I saw a far different and, in fact, very pretty vista. I knew that wasn't right and it was then I realised I was dreaming.

I tried to fly. I tried this in the first lucid dream I had and failed again. So I'm stuck in the dream, trying to buy fags and skins, and then trying to get back to my auld maw's house in Bellshill. Another kind of lost dream though not lost in downtown Freetown on a Saturday night.

The photie is of a version the Kalachakra Mandala. I try to grow this in my head sometimes whilst in the hut, but it's far, far too difficult so far!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

I think it was an anxiety dream, associated with what happens when the bliss reaches the next level.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I thought it was about trying and being unable to return to innocence. That's two nicotine dreams in two weeks though! Hotboy

rob said...

I suppose that'd be one benefit of blissheidism. When you have a liquid dream, you can raise heat to dry out your things. What a help that would be.

PS I managed to grow something in my head once, but I never thought of using it as a mandala.

Anonymous said...

chicoc aliente
how interesting!ine verk newth ef rees tate wasa ro bertow ens cheme.m yo ldman wase lecticioningon th en ewla narkp rojectwh enit ewasbe ingdo neup wa y bac

kw hen...whata bea utifulpla ceit is .keepupth e good work tio loveandpeacexxxxx

Hotboy said...

Spango Yogini! I read all about Robert Owen and his communities whilst at uni.I read all the books that were published about Robert Owen. I had no idea until then that he had a community in Bellshill or why the Community Road, Liberty Road, etc., were called that. So ni ce tof indt his comm ent! Hotboy