Thursday 29 January 2009

To Saint Antennae!

Thursday 4:15 p.m.
I was trying to upload a photie of the beginning of the universe, which I took a little later, but the computery thing is refusing to upload anything. I knew it would never last! The Alien Creatures from Outer Space would have been interested in that.

How do you take a picture of the beginning of the universe, Hotboy? Well, Jack, you take a photie of the candle in the darkness of the hut on your mobile phone and then it gets squooshed so you can email it to yourself, and then it's a squooshed photie of a candle which looks just like the start of the universe, only a little bit later.

Why didn't you just upload it using the USB port cable which comes with most mobile phones. Apparently, but not the Nokia 2760. They don't sell it in the box and they won't sell it separately. Carphone Warehouse, a great thunderbolt is coming your way! So I went to PC World and this other place at the top of the GorgieDalry Road, a computer connections fetishist's dream, and the boy there said it was particular to the Nokia brand and I should ask at the Carphone Warehouse. So I went on their website. There is a cable, but it is a Nokia charger by USB port cable, whatever that is.

I've never seen one of these cables. I wonder if it's an urban myth. St Antennae, please send me a cable and one in which both ends fit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried looking on Ebay for the cable?

They seem to have a lot of stuff you can't find elsewhere.

I think you are brave to have taken the silly thing out of the box.

Hotboy said...

Marie: I should have left it in the box. It's taking over my life! Hotboy

rob said...

I would like to see it. You could always borrow somebody else's phone, and use it to take a picture of your phone's screen. That might help.

Hotboy said...

Albert? No you wouldn't. Hotboy