Saturday 3 January 2009

The Bliss!

Saturday 2:10 p.m.
Are you here to vent your crabbitness on us again, Hotboy? No, Jack, I'm here to tell you about the bliss. Hurrah!

A couple of days ago, I got up from sitting at the kitchen table, closed my eyes and went into tadasana, which is the just standing up pose. There wasn't a whole lot of difference in the bliss which immediately arose from the bliss I get at the beginning of sitting meditations. Just standing there was very blissful.

Despite drinking last night (bet you didn't notice that, Jack!) and the nicotine withdrawals, the bliss came on this morning unexpectedly as I lay in bed flat on my back. You could feel that there was going to be heat in there as well.

Of course, I have reported previously about the bliss in the bath and the occasional bliss which comes on when I'm lying on my side. If I can get the bliss to come on while I'm walking, I'll be a very happy man indeed because then there will be the potential for having the bliss all the time.

Last year I only made it to the Samye Ling during my summer holidays, but the couple of weeks I spent down there were of huge benefit and as soon as my financial circumstances improve, I hope to spend a lot more time down there.

It is a shame that none of my friends in the beautiful, wonderful city meditate, but I suppose that illustrates just how amazingly fortunate I am. Telling my flatheided acquaintances about the bliss has been a complete waste of time. But folk land on this and my old blogs regularly after googling for vase breathing, so I should keep blogging about that since there probably aren't all that many blogging about this stuff.

Solitary realising foe destroyers are said to spontaneously appear in countries where there is no dharma teaching or any buddhism at all. Would you fancy that, Hotboy? It's hard enough the way it is, Jack. Jesus Christ was probably one of them and look at what happened to him!

Whilst awaiting the assembling of the caravansiera, I will hide in here and continue meditating. And it's nobody's fault but mine if I behave like an asshole again tonight.

Can I vent some crabbitness now, Jack? Basturns! Basturns! Basturns!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust me, you can learn to walk and bliss at the same time. It is very nice.

I'm sorry you are feeling crabbit again. Maybe you need to go out and throw rocks for a while. I do that when I'm seriously stressed. I tell my husband I'm going down to the beach and throw rocks till I either feel better or run out of rocks.

I've never run out of rocks. I expect having a mile or so of rocky beach prevents it from happening.

Instead of fighting the crabbit feeling, treat it like you would a small troubled child. Embrace it and understand it. Then sooth it and yourself and carry on with the bliss.

I'm reading Thich Nhat Hanh again, can you tell?

rob said...

Try bliss walking very slowly at first and you'll be doing tai chi. It works for me.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I've never read that boy. The crabbitness is receding with the New Year. Hotboy
Albert? No nicotine for the last three days and nights, so the dragon diminishes. I wasn't smoking fags as such. Hotboy

rob said...

That definitely helps.