Wednesday 24 March 2010

You shall go to the ball!

Wednesday 10:15 a.m.
I was at a wedding the last time I wore a pair of leather shoes, proper shoes. I hadn't had anything but trainers on my feet for about twenty years and the shoes I had on were ones I'd worn then. Clark shoes; none of your crap. Not long after the knot got tied, they fell apart and I had to go home and put on some trainers.

Once I stayed next door to this old man who'd recently retired. Since he had no hobbies and little to do but watch the cricket on the telly, he soon went gaga. You could hear the wife screaming at him through the walls. When he passed away, she knocked my door and offerred me some of his clothes and some shoes. I did wear some of the clothes, but remember drawing a line at the shoes. I'm not walking about in dead man's shoes, I thought.

Yesterday I bought a pair of black shoes from the Shelter shop downstairs. I suppose someone took them off the guy before they nailed down the box. The wedding is a week on Saturday.

I'm giving up lots of things these days!
1) I'm giving up buying newspapers. I must about £400 a year on newspapers. Now, I just read the Metro, which is free on the bus around here.
2) I'm giving up getting the No. 12 to work. They way the buses work, I had to wait too long in the cold this winter to get the No. 12, which is a better bus to meditate on, so now I get the more frequent and more crowded No. 22.
3) I'm trying to give up putting photies on this bloggy. It cost me about £120 last year to do that since I put a tenner on my mobile phone every month and never ring anyone up on it.

Of course, I'm trying to keep down my contact with flatheids and give up the usual poisons. This has been going quite well this week since I am broke till Monday. Hurrah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

chicocaliente!
i for one will be sad if there are no more photies!you´d only end up frittering the tenner away anyway!
loveandpeacexxx

Hotboy said...

Spango Yogini! Fair enough then. I'll put another tenner on the phone when I get paid on Monday. I'd like to get a photie of the rat. I'm sure it was at least nine inches long without counting the tail!! I'll try to get some of the protestants I know to kill it. They're all going to hell anyway. Hotboy