Thursday 4 March 2010

To Bliss or Not to Bliss?



Thursday 8:55 a.m.
Started meditating today at just after seven. Great potential today.

I haven't had any tobacco for the last two nights. Fell in with bad boys three nights ago, but no tobacco for a week before that really. I've got bob hope and this is the first time in probably a year that I've had bob hope and not bought fags for joints. Trying to get back onto the cannybliss yogurts.

The meditation so far has been very good, but what I'd really like to do is get out to the paper shop and buy fags, and then try to get Brian Wilson to come out to play this afternoon. Boozings, carousings and cavortings.

And what would that result in, Hotboy? Jack, that would result in grief, sorrow, lamentations .... delusions, disappointments and despair ... suffering in this life! We'll see.

10:30 a.m.
It's only on the second meditation that I get into the part where you concentrate on the navel symbol. This is the essence of this juju of course. Much less aggravation from the Nicotine Dragon now.

12:20 p.m.
So that's a wee bit over four hours meditating this morning. Every one better than the one before. Now, I have to do some housework, eat, doze, and get to the allotment before any temptations are succumbed to!

The glass portrait was done by the kiddo recently. The other is this morning's line-up on the floor.

3 comments:

rob said...

Every man is entitled to his toy collection. Not toys kept since childhood, that way lies madness. and not "adult" toys either, that way lies depravity, so they tell me. I might blog some of my own toys for comparison.

PS I bet my toybox is bigger than yours.

Marie Rex said...

That Nicotine Dragon has his claws in your back again. Not good.

I like your collection.

Hotboy said...

Albert and Marie! I bought the buddhas as souvenirs when I used to spend a week at the Samye Ling. When they started covering the mantlepiece I stopped. Hotboy