Friday 19 March 2010

Friday

Friday 3:45 p.m.
Last week I didn't go to Bellshill since the auld maw was attending a special mass for the old and sick. She was telling me today she only recognised two folk there. All her generation are gone now. The "old people" were all my brother Silvest's age, around seventy. She had a fall last week and has a bruise on her forearm the like of which I've only seen once before, when a friend of mine fell of a horse and landed on his elbow. Thankfully, she didn't break a bone.

I got the new express to Central Station that goes through Bellshill. Take a half hour off the journey easy.

The meditations are going great. Everything else is still crap. This is boredom you can afford! And I don't get paid till a week on Monday. Dearie me!

4 comments:

rob said...

At that age, a fall without breakage is fortunate indeed.

The train sounds like an improvement, at least until the strike.

rob said...

At that age, a fall without breakage is fortunate indeed.

The train sounds like an improvement, at least until the strike.

Hotboy said...

Albert? You seem to be developing a stutter! I've been stopping on that line at Breich and Addiewell for forty one years now and no one has ever got on or off. Somebody must have noticed at last! Hotboy

rob said...

I say, can some kind jocko explain the reference to walking a straight line in adulterated breichs? It's all Greich to me.