Friday 26 March 2010

Credit Card Basturns!

Friday 6:30 p.m.
Mastercard Bank of Scotland, may yous all burn in hell!

So I got the statement this evening and checked it out. There was an overlimit charge of £12 on it. This was bit of a puzzle since I've been good this month. As far as I know, I gave them £100 and only used the card for a fiver's worth of plonko collapso on Wednesday night. Feeling quite virtuous, I was. I thought maybe they'd charged me the £12 because the cheque for the £100 had arrived late. So I phoned them up.

Press 1. What's your birthday? Press 2. How many husbands did your granny have? Press 3. Now wait ten minutes and listen to some fung musak from hell. Hello, Mr Hotboy.

Last month the basturns decided to reduce my limit from £2400 pounds to £1300 without telling me. Well, I got a letter nearly a week after the card was refused in Scotmid. The reduced the limit on the 19th of February. On the 19th of February, they charged me £26 interest on my debt, which put me £26 over the limit they'd just arbitarily set. Then they charged me £12 for being over the limit.

I'm not making this up, Jack. Thank god the usurious basturns are all going to hell. After twenty minutes of my precious lifetime hanging on, pressing buttons and listening to horrible musak noises, they agreed not to charge me the £12. Why can't I charge them money for wasting my time?? Basturns and currants the lot of them!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

I suggest you join a credit union.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingi'! Don't you have to be a communist for that? Hotboy

rob said...

Suspicious! Another of my original comments has evaporated from here. Perhaps I've achieved non-corporeal transcendence or whatever the blissheids call it.

Hotboy said...

Albert? You're losing the plot now. Hotboy