Saturday 17 October 2009

Solitude!





Saturday 6:35 p.m.
The Domestic Bliss departed for a ten day holiday today, so hello solitude! Goodbye loving kindness, but here comes the bliss!

I was going to the hut, but such a beautiful day it was that I decided to take a walk around the Botanical Gardens. For a couple of years, the gate near us has been closed, but today it was miraculously open! They've built a new display entrance area there now and they really have done a much better job than I expected.

I just walked through and went looking for a seat in the secret garden. The first photie is of the seat. What a wonderful time I had sitting there today, meditating with warm sun in my face. The second photie is of Bottie trees. The last two photies were taken in Inverleith Park on the way to the Botanics. This is a beautiful, wonderful city! Especially if you are moi and fortunate enough to live right beside these green places.

I came home and did a skipping and shadow boxing session in the full Beer Monster Reduction Vehicle. I lost three pounds in sweat. A gallon of water weights ten pounds, so that's a couple of pints of sweat. I wish I could sell it to somebody.

The tobacco stops on Monday. I will be biting my hand off till Thursday. Every three days I'll shadow box once and run once. Of course, standing on my head and doing Tai Chi throughout.

I've asked my friend with the black spot if he wants to come round and meditate with me of an evening. Sit for an hour. I'll be sitting anyway. Don't bring any tobacco. Sitting for an hour if you're not used to it can seem like an cruel and unusual torture, far less doing it night after night, but it would probably do me a lot of good if he did show up, so I hope he does.

I'll be blogging a lot over the next ten days, but I won't be doing much, so it'll have to be about the bliss. Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss! And now off to the lobby!

10:30 p.m.
Just sitting watching a show about Gandhi on the telly. Close your eyes and you're away. A joint every two hours or so. Bom Shiva! It still doesn't matter all that much. Soapbar is crap to smoke. But you just sit still and the thing which was once such a small, creepy-uppy thing is in the background, caressing and arising and stretching. How can this not be a wonderful world when there is such bliss in it! I've a few obstacles before I'm clean on Thursday. But the juju is developing! How it is developing!! Now I'll roll a couple of joints, throw away any tobacco (a nightly ritual these days!), go to bed and watch the footie on telly. Hurrah!

7 comments:

Marie Rex said...

That looks like a wonderful place to do walking meditation.

We had a nice day here too. I sat on the wall in the garden and meditated a while.

Walking is a challenge right now.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Sorry to hear your tendon is still bothering you. If you imagined you were walking whilst sitting, wouldn't you being doing a sitting meditation? Weather today here is overcast! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Wonderful snaps, but I don'y understand how it is spring in Jockland. Shouldn't you be knee-deep in snow by this time of year? Is that what global warmin is about?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! We're up to our knees here in tea leaves! Dearie me! Hotboy

rob said...

Steady on with the buckets of sweat, there's people here trying to drink.

On the plus side, if one absolutely has to live in a place like that, it must be some consolation having Botties close at hand.

rob said...

If you video yourself sitting in silence with the black spot guy, it'd be interesting to see the evidence.

What will you do if either of you bursts into tears? I can recommend Doc Bob.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Nobody's going to burst into tears around here. We're tough guys. Hotboy