Thursday 8 October 2009

My Wonderful Thursday!



Thursday 11:30 a.m.
The photies are from the lobby this morning. The glass panel behind the buddha is by the kiddo.

Background music for this from Screaming Jay Hawkins singing Heart Attack and Vine from Youtube.

My wonderful Thursday consists of no flatheids. Last Thursday I had to take the kiddo's boyfriend to the railway station and then Shiva phoned me in the afternoon. So I went to see Shiva and we smoked an awful lot of skunk. Bought fags for joints on the way home. And I've been dancing the dance of death with the Nicotine Dragon ever since. Drank four bottles of beer that evening whilst watching Celtic on the telly. Dearie me! This is not my wonderful Thursday. Today I will have to see the Domestic Bliss for about an hour, and that's it. Hurrah!

You might not think it is at all wonderful to sit on your backside for hours and hours at a time, but this is because for you I cannot factor in the bliss. And the fascination of watching the bliss develope. And the warmth slowly turning to heat. And all that jazz. What a shame it is for the flatheids!

This morning I weighed in at just over eleven and a half stone, and this pleased me a great deal. I have lost a half stone in the last month or so. On Monday I did a short run during my lunch break. On Tuesday I did twenty of Mr Iyengar's yogic jumpings plus twenty minutes of shadow boxing. Last night the old, toothless one and I went for the hill run without the hills. This means you cut off at the road through the colonies instead of heading for fame and madness on the hills. Running with the old, toothless one has made quite a difference. We're talking about doing a half marathon next summer or spring, but our bodies are old. Still, whether you are young or old, running will still knock the crap out of you.

I'm trying to stay off the joints today. This will be a great day for the bliss whatever else I do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

I imagine that, by this time of the year in Jockoland, you're knee-deep in snow.

Here in Kalimbuka, it's getting a tad hotter, though there's been a sprinkling of rain as well.

Anyway, after having just been interrupted by Doviko, who was looking for a loan until the end of the month (turned down), I've completely forgotten why I came here.

Did anyone bring the pâté de fois, by the way?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! We have to run through the snow, but it is only up to our ankles. We don't mind because we are hard, so we are. Hotboy

albert said...

This blog has taught me that sitting around on your backside is very good but walking around with your head jammed up it is very bad.

And running around is good for the joints, yet staying off the joints is even better.

It's all balancing out.

Hotboy said...

Albert? It's a poum! A poum! We're getting poums now! Hotboy

albert said...

PS - the kiddo's tree looks good, but is perhaps too interesting to be conducive to blissing. I can see why you use images of the old guys.