Wednesday 4 August 2010

Dr Jeykll !

Wednesday 2:30 p.m.
I feel as if I've just spent a couple of days with id. Hello, id! How is Mr Hyde doing these days, Hotboy? He's too alive and well, Jack, stalled in the corner with his viking helmet still on. Hmmm? Well, we're just going to keep him there, aren't we, Hotboy? Yes, we are, Jack. Yes, we are.

You need a metronome existence. Get up at the same time, go to the hut at the same time ... keep everything the same so you can concentrate on what your're supposed to be concentrating on. Chaos arrived with the summons from the McDuck's last Tuesday. That took out the gross body for Wednesday and then there was just Thursday before I had to break off for the cycle to the grannies. All day Saturday I was waiting for the man. Good on Saturday, good on Sunday, bad boy on Monday.

The Charles Bukowski show made me realise I'm still desperate to write. That's waiting in the corner of the room across from Mr Hyde.

There is not a vast expanse of time in front of me now where I could imagine sitting in the hut for days at a time. This is the end of all elaborate plans, my friend. Still, the holiday has had its moments and there's still twelve days to go!!

11:30 p.m.
Feel fabulous this evening. Today, I stayed in all day. Managed a headstand, backbend, dog poses, a tai chi set and twenty of Mr Iyengar's yogic jumpings and a hundred prostrations. Felt so much better after doing the prostrations and jumpings this evening. Sometimes taking exercise does feel great.

Just when I've got myself sorted out .... I'm going to a wedding tomorrow. Once more into the breach, dear friends .... Oh, no!

8 comments:

rob said...

Congrats on losing the gross body, if only for a day or two.

PS There is not a vast expanse of time in front of any of us now. Does that help?

Hotboy said...

Albert? I must be losing my mind at last. Thank God! What is all this stuff about? Hotboy

Marie Rex said...

If you live such a life that is always the same, how can you learn anything new.

I love change, I tend to generate it if it doesn't come to me.

If you want to write, just start doing it. There is no tomorrow, only today and this moment.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I would be much easier if there was a place where I could just hide, and stay hidden! Hotboy

Marie Rex said...

That is just an excuse. What is stopping you isn't location. It is what is inside your head.

Changing your location is all well and good. But where ever you go, there you are.

Hotboy said...

Marie! It has been good, but it would have been better if I'd gone somewhere else for a few weeks. Hotboy

rob said...

Did you end up going to live in the hut? I can't remember. Surely that would have helped.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Living in the would have helped a lot. Hotboy