Tuesday 22 September 2009

Good and Bad Feelings


Tuesday 8:25 p.m.
I wakened up three times in a row at the weekend feeling happy. This is not usual, especially after three or four bottles of home brew the night before. You wake up with a kind of wee smile on your face. It can't be right, Jack. Definitely a bit odd.

Last night I lay in bed for a long time without going to sleep. Three hours maybe. But such was the depth of bliss and relaxation and general thoughtlessness that I didn't mind. Yoga nidra. It wasn't one of those anxious, can't get to sleep, tossing and turning routines. I think it's a wee touch of bliss coming through as I'm wakening up that's making me feel happy first thing.

Of course, once I got to the jobbie ... the Tuesday didn't feel all that different from what the Monday usually feels like. I'm going to do a wee bit on the re-write now. Got an incentive today, so I did!!

The photie was taken at the start of my meditations in the hut this evening.

2 comments:

onan the bavarian said...

Congratulations on achieving new heights of thoughtlessness.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I think it's depths, not heights! Hotboy