Friday 4 September 2009

Cue the Heavenly Visions!

Friday 11:25 p.m.
I've been staring at the candle for most of the evening. Then they came home and I had to come out. Folk don't find staring at candles to be a useful task and try as hard as they can to stop you doing it when they come home. Like, shove the door you're sitting against and shout: Hoy, you! I mean, I was trying to emanate, so I was. So I have to sit here at the computery thing with the noise blockers on. This is me being sociable.

The only problem is that the world looks just the same to me as it does to you. I never did wholly like that view. It's kind of cold. The view generally gets much better when you take drugs. But if you take drugs, you lose out on the bliss when you meditate. The drugs agitate your mind and are a handicap. So if you stop taking the drugs, you get more of the bliss. But you're stuck with the view you didn't like in the first place.

I think it's time the cue the heavenly visions. Everything is going fabulously well with the meditations, I must say. Also, since I'm eating soapbar every night, I never get to that view, the cold one. I go straight from the bliss into being stoned without the nasty little gap in the middle. I'm always sorry at first that I took it in the first place when it starts to break up the meditation, but then I start to enjoy the chaos.

You're going to have to stop eating the soapbar, Hotboy. I know that, Jack. I have to straighten up to get more out of my face. Oh well, I suppose someone has to do it.

10 comments:

Marie Rex said...

How we choose to see the world, real or not, is our own point of view.

Needing to assign emotional value to everything and everyone is a habit. If you can break the habit with the Nicotine Dragon, you can do this.

But I live pretty far from most distractions. So it is easier for me in some ways.

Anonymous said...

The problem is not with liking the world that you see - the problem is with preferring that the world be the way you'd like it to be.

Here's what we chant at the end of our cult meetings:

Caught in the self-centered dream,
only suffering.
Holding to self-centered thoughts,
exactly the dream.
Each moment, life as it is, the only teacher.
Being just this moment, compassion's way.

Hotboy said...

Marie and Doggy! I don't like being sober and straight in the evening. I can do the giving up for a while, but it two weeks already seems like a long time!!! Greedy bugger! Hotboy

Onan said...

I cannot clearly recall life before I got the dog, but I think maybe that was the cold view. Lying on the floor with a black dog, you get a great view of the telly.

Anonymous said...

I say!

Does the fact that it's a black dog help the perspective?

I saw this, and thought of Hotters. Things have gone pear-shaped.

MM III

rob said...

Mingers, I think maybe the dog absorbs stray reflections. Certainly it doesn't distract the eyes. Dalmations would be useless.

Anonymous said...

I say!

I wouldn't like to lay on the floor next to Casper, especially if it's a few weeks since he's been to the dip. Neither Farley, who seems to attract the flies. But in any case, they are not allowed in the house. Casper gets too excited in the house, wags his long tail, and everything goes flying.

But it seems that both you and Hotters are spending a lot of time on your backs - Hotters in the bath, and you on the floor watching TV.

I woory about Hotters - the only exercise he seems to get is moving from the lotus position, to the bath.

MM III

onan said...

It might help if the prostate got some exercise.

Hotboy said...

Albert? How do you do that? Hotboy

rob said...

It's like riding a bicycle, you never forget how to do it.