Wednesday 30 July 2008

ब्ब्ब्बत्मन!

Thursday 00:43 a.m.
The kiddo asked what I'd been doing today. I said I started sitting in the lobby about ten, and finished (after breaks) about threeish. Then I went out for a run. Then I meditated again before eating the cannibliss yogurt and heading out to see the Batman.

I do not think she thought that was very interesting.

I said what I cannot tell you about the day concerns the bliss and the amazing heat which one time I got blasting up the whatever. This is because she does not meditate. People who do not meditate are called TheUnfortunateOnes, or UFOs, and so they are.

Then I'm sitting there watching the Batman when this kind of heat starts to fill the top of my chest area and shoulders. By then the cannibliss yogurt was coming on. I thought .... hmmmm? ... that's maybe not right. The heat wasn't skin deep, but a lot deeper than that. I thought that this was similar to the sunburn kind of heat you can get just under your skin. I've had that. So I thought that this wasn't the right kind of heat, and knew that because I'd read Tsongkhapa in the Glen Mullin translation.

The shit is just starting to hit the fan.

Some day, Jack, I will be sitting there and it will be freaky way beyond anything you can imagine now. What can I say, Jack? Tell them you're a hotboy and you will not run away. We don't run away. The dharma has come to Scotland.

Well, I think I'll go out and buy some fags now. Enough of this nonsense!

1:10 a.m.
The fag shop was shut!

I remembered the first time I ran 15 miles. I'd only been doing about 5 miles before this. On my own, I was running up the North Bridge in severe agony. I will never be as bad as that again, ever. So I had a first look at the hills at about Brandon Place, and they seemed a long way away, and up, and I knew it wasn't ever going to hurt the way it had that day when I was running up North Bridge yon time. And we are hotboys. So I dragged the fat ugly basturn up the hills.

The Domestic Bliss was told about the strange heat during the Batman film. She's trying to take these things in her stride, as you would if you were her. And I was me. I might have another beer. I'm definitely going to wake up tomorrow feeling happy again. Feeling happy even once is probably quite unusual.

2:12 a.M.
The great thing about the Batman is that he is Scottish. Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde. And the boy who re-invented the comics was Scottish. So when the kiddo was a kiddo, she had to wait with the other while I went off to Bellshill on a Saturday morning. The disrespected .... when Spagetti Sam offted the Batman ... what a great line! Offted! I wish I had written that! Take my hat off to you, so I do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to be a mystery and puzzle to your kids?

I need to learn your trick for generating internal heat at a movie. The local cinema isn't very warm.

I can't imagine running 5 miles let alone 15. Kayaking sure, but my auld joints would crumble to dust if I tried that.

I have to admit that I really liked the Batman movie that had Val Kilmer as the lead. But only because he makes me want to drool. *grin*

Hotboy said...

Marie: Val Kilmer was brilliant in the Wonderland Killings! There's nothing like running. Few things knock the crap out of you like that! Hotboy

rob said...

Re the UFOs. Would help you to recall that this blog purported to be a departure from the old one, with the aim of developing tolerance of non-meditators?