Saturday 26 July 2008

वज्रयान

Saturday 2:00p.m.
Practising vajrayana is the sweetest thing in my life. For the preliminaries, you are supposed to have done your 100,000 prostrations, your 100,000 recitations of the 100 syllable mantra, and so on. Well, I haven't done any of that.

I've got a book about the Medicine Buddha sadhana and I've taken that as a kind of outline. I'm not using the right symbols for the chakras and I'm not using the correct mantras either. And I can't get near the visualisations.

However, I have had the empowerment to practise it and that seems to be the main thing. When I was going through this empowerment juju, I was trying my best. If you've been brought up a catholic, maybe this is easier since you'll be used to getting for head together for receiving sacraments. So I reckon the main thing about the empowerment is that you're trying to be open and sincere. Obviously, you have to empower yourself.

Despite not doing any of this in the correct way, thus treading on dangerous waters not recommended by anyone, and also being a disgrace to the juju in my recreational habits, I think I can now almost do this juju! I've just spent the last hour or so venting bliss and heat up my body. So I think I'll just go back and keep it up.

If you crash and burn, you crash and burn. Eh, Jack? Where's little Jack gone?

Hello to Diana from Belgium!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm working towards empowerment. Slow going. Of course then I've got to find someone that actually can give me empowerment.

It is a beautiful day here. Time to kayak.

Anonymous said...

I say!

Maybe it's all the prostrations which are doing your knee joint in.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Marie: It's boiling here. Too hot!
Mingin': It's just old age! Hotboy